PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
THIS IS A BARGAINING UNIT POSITION (NTEU).
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES WILL NOT BE PAID.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is an exciting and rewarding place to start, build and/or continue your career. Be part of our team and support the well-being of American agriculture and the American public.
FSA's diverse culture and benefits allow for a healthy balance between your career and home life. In addition to a generous salary, FSA offers a friendly and professional working environment with a diverse workforce, flexible hours/work schedules, and other family-friendly benefits such as: paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement and supplemental savings plan, a wide array of health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, and long-term care insurance.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All interested persons may apply. You need not be a current or former Federal employee to apply.
FARM SERVICE AGENCY (FSA) COUNTY EMPLOYEES: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet education and/or experience requirements.
- Complete Occupational Questionnaire and submit resume/supporting documents.
This position is assigned to the KCCO Business Operations Support Division , Commodity Procurement Support Branch, located in Kansas City, MO.
- Serves as a senior Specialist, and, in this capacity, is responsible for a significant range of agricultural commodity marketing, management, warehouse examination, and related computer support functions, assuring all the quality management aspects of agricultural commodity inventories controlled by the KCCO.
- Provides technical assistance to KCCO management, KCCO users, KCCO examiners, and other segments of FSA or other USDA Agencies. Represents KCCO in developing, designing, and maintaining complex database systems. The database systems include: Web-based Supply Chain Management (WBSCM), Grain Inventory Management System (GIMS), Warehouse Examination System (WES) and various Personal Computer (PC) and Laptop applications.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Monday, March 04, 2013 .
You may start at the GS-12 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience is comprehensive knowledge of applications systems design principles and techniques in order to accomplish feasibility studies, development, design, and maintenance of major PC/Laptop applications covering agricultural/commodity program operations. Knowledge of agricultural commodity trade practices, work process, and terminology relating to grain and/or other commodities. Comprehensive knowledge of agricultural programs and related policies and procedures governing inventory management (including warehouse examinations) for bulk grains and/or other assigned commodities. THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the time-in-grade restriction.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint clearance) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
For Merit Promotion Applicants - If you meet the qualification requirements, you will be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. An automated scoring system, based on your responses to the online application process is used to determine the Best Qualified applicants.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
Permanent employees are eligible to elect life and health insurance coverage and will be covered by a Retirement System. Employees will earn annual and sick leave. For additional information on benefits click here .
DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by direct deposit. click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan(CTAP): If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (at least "fully successful" or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if achieving a rating of 80 or above excluding veteran's preference points.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/ .
usajobs.gov - 23 months ago