Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont (
), is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Agriculture Economist candidates for a potential Strengthening Tenure and Resource Rights program. This program will create, expand, and communicate the results of evidence-based knowledge around best land tenure and property rights practices in order to enhance internal USAID and external USG learning, guide program design and implementation, and make the most effective use of limited development resources to accomplish key USG development objectives. This will be a full time position, based in Arlington, VA.
include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate closely with COP and other project Specialists and Administrative staff in developing, implementing, and revising project strategy;
- Provide technical oversight and guidance in multiple aspects of the project, particularly development and implementation of a research agenda, communications, and facilitation, as needed, especially concerning food security and smallholder agriculture, agribusiness, and gender inequities in agriculture and tenure systems;
- Thoroughly contribute to all Reports, Success Stories, Work Plans and conferences/trainings/events;
- Coordinate with staff of other USAID Land Tenure projects to avoid duplication of efforts;
- Contribute to project start up and close out activities in accordance with donor and Tetra Tech ARD policies and regulations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in agricultural economics or related field, with Ph.D. preferred;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in addressing tenure challenges as they relate to food security and economic growth, as well as considerable field experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of demonstrated extensive experience in the field of land tenure and property rights, with a specific focus on agriculture, food security, economic growth and governance;
- Strong familiarity with the application of qualitative and quantitative methodologies for assessing project impact, including research design and sampling expertise, and be able to apply such methodologies to strengthen knowledge and awareness of the interrelationships of tenure on food security strategies, especially of gender issues in agriculture;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Very strong interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, and demonstrable intercultural skills gained through long-term fieldwork and issues of regional diversity;
- Very strong organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- Fluency in a language other than English; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis by December 14, 2012
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARD, Inc. - 2 years ago
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...