The Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCRMC) is seeking an Air Conditioning Mechanic with journey level experience. This position will perform skilled work in installing, maintaining, and repairing various types of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment.
Certification: Must have a Universal EPA technician certification per the Environmental Protection Agency, Rule 608 of the Clean Air Act.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Experience with water treatment for cooling towers and chilled water loop.
- Maintenance and repair of cooling towers and related components.
- Maintenance and repair of large condenser pumps and electric valves.
- Cleaning, maintenance and repair of large chiller units.
- Have a working understanding of below zero lab refrigerators.
- Maintenance and repair of pneumatic valves and dampers.
- Have a working knowledge of hot deck and cold deck air handlers.
- Working understanding of Building Automation Systems.
- Performs journey level work in installing, adjusting, and maintaining all types of air-conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
- Works form blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, or drawings.
- Repairs large central air conditioning units, compressors, and related equipment.
- Identifies and dismantles malfunctioning equipment and test components using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic test equipment.
- Replaces electrical, mechanical, or pneumatic components that are worn or defective.
- Establishes a preventive maintenance schedule for air conditioning and refrigeration equipment; troubleshoots malfunctioning systems or equipment.
- Cleans coils and other parts, oils fans, changes filter, adjusts air flow and replaces gas or fluid in system.
- Observes operation sequence of refrigeration system and makes necessary adjustments to control level of fluid, pressure, or temperature in the system.
- Determines parts and equipment needed for maintenance temperature in the system;
- Determines parts and equipment needed for maintenance and repair work and submits job estimates; fabricates, erects, and maintains sheet metal duct work; tests, calibrates, and repairs thermostats.
- Supervises assigned helpers; maintains record of inspections and work performed.
Experience: Completion of a recognized air conditioning; refrigeration apprenticeship training program.
Experience: Four year of increasingly responsible experience performing work in installing and repairing air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment. Two years of the required experience may be substituted on the basis of:
Completion of 12 semester of 18 quarter units in trade related courses taken at a recognized college being equal to six months of experience;
Completion of 144 hours of trade related instruction taken at a union training center, adult school, vocational school or specialized industrial program being equal to six months experience.
Knowledge of: The principles and practices of installing, maintaining, and repairing air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment; state and local laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating equipment; the tools and equipment used in heating and air conditioning maintenance.
Ability to: Read and write English at the level necessary for successful performance; follow oral and written instructions; estimate the quantities of materials and supplies needed to complete a job; detect causes of malfunctions; carry out a preventive maintenance program on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment; keep simple records.
County of Riverside - 19 months ago