General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under general supervision performs routine work and detailed instructions for special testing and/or activities, this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support to include but not limited to towing, refueling, defueling, and launch and recovery of aircraft. Troubleshoots aircraft and related systems to determine problems and identify solutions. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work. Assists with the development and review of new processes and procedures. Assists in training programs as required.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government technical order requirements. Certify on aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repairs fuel or oil leaks or engine problems as required.
- Removes and replaces airframe and engine components as required.
- Troubleshoots and repair aircraft independently while on deployment to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Performs all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- Inspects, tests, maintains and operates ground support equipment.
- Assist in the training of new A&P Specialists.
- Reviews and certifies aircraft records to ensure that all required documentations is accomplished in accordance with established company procedures and customer requirements.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Expected to demonstrate professionalism in all working relationships, both internal and external.
May be responsible for filling the role of senior mechanic while deployed to CONUS and OCONUS location.
Accurately plans and schedules asset availability to support uninterrupted flight operations while on deployment.
Assist in the training of new A&P Specialists.
Assist with new powerplant and system development as required.
Other duties as assigned or required.
General Atomics - 5 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...