General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We Have an exciting oppurtunity as an Airframe and PowerPlant Specialist at our Palmdale test flight facility.
Works under close supervision of an A&P Specialist II or higher to accomplish the following tasks. This position is responsible for providing flightline and ground support to include but not limited to towing, refueling, defueling, and launch and recovery of aircraft. Individual provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government technical order requirements.
- Assist in the repair of fuel leaks, oil leaks, and engine problems; assist in the removal and replacement of airframe and engine components.
- Perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- Participate in the performance of engine and airframe operational checks and installation of payloads.
- Participate in the performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) in accordance with company and customer guidelines.
- Inspect, test, maintain, and operate ground support equipment.
- Accomplish all required documentation and perform all maintenance and inspections in accordance with established company procedures and/or customer requirements.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Expected to demonstrate professionalism in all working relationships, both internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- May be required to travel 180+ days per year CONUS and/or OCONUS
General Atomics - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...