The position of ALM / Budget Analyst is responsible for analyzing the interest rate risk profile and budget of the credit union. This includes Asset and Liability Management (ALM) model management, annual budget preparation and regular forecasting/variance reporting, liquidity forecasting, cost/benefit analysis, and profitability information. Maintain quality service standards set by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the interest rate risk simulation model and related balance sheet valuation verifying the accuracy, reasonableness, and consistency of data and assumptions.
- Produce and analyze monthly risk limits and provide in depth analysis and understanding of key drivers.
- Provide forward looking assessments of interest risk under various balance sheet scenarios, supporting the optimization of the balance sheet risk-return profile
- Develop and maintain reporting associated with results and key model assumptions.
- Support ALM related initiatives, including validations and audits.
- Work with various lines of business to collect data, interpret data, and help manage the interest rate risk within each line of business
- Provide reporting and analysis to departments as needed.
- Lead in the fulfillment of complex and long term projects from planning through implementation, as requested.
- Perform independent data mining, analysis, and reporting, as assigned
- Prepare monthly reports for ALCO which include ALM simulation results, ALM assumptions, economic and industry information and ad hoc analysis.
- Effectively work with external third parties involved in the ALM process as applicable to ensure accurate and timely results.
- Produce investment and liquidity forecasting reports.
- Prepare monthly branch production and internal financial performance reports.
- Assist with product development and project analyses by designing analytical and modeling methods to evaluate proposals.
- Assist other departments within the organization with process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare monthly budget variance reports at various levels of detail for distribution to multiple levels of management.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget including balance sheet and income statement forecasts; and assemble budget as needed.
- Regularly produce financial forecasting reports.
- Develop organizational and product profitability analyses.
- Prepare and update all internal procedure documentation. Provide recommendations on process improvements and quality controls.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze Requests for Proposals for consulting and/or capital expenditure items within the Finance area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economic, General Business or equivalent.
- 5 or more years of experience with Asset Liability Management, Budgeting and Financial Analysis.
- Strong spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation software skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong process improvement and analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Full Time (40)
San Diego County Credit Union was founded on the principle that people come first and profits second. This forward-thinking approach in the...