Produce and service profitable business through the expansion of individual insureds, group captives, risk retention groups, pools and funds.
- Produce, underwrite and manage the larger and more complex accounts that have impact on Regional results.
- Identify and develop new production sources of business.
- Administer existing insurance and reinsurance business.
- Assist Regional Manager in the development of new or potential business clients.
- Handle referrals within underwriting authority, as appropriate.
- Research and communicate to personnel matters relating to Alternative Market Risks insurance issues.
- Perform assigned tasks and functions at the direction of the Regional Manager that have impact on Regional results.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with senior management of existing and prospective client companies.
- Establish and maintain territorial underwriting policy within Client Group guidelines.
- Establish production strategies to maximize profitable Regional growth and coordinate other Client Group/SBU production efforts within territory.
- Train and motivate personnel to achieve Region, Client Group and SBU objectives.
- Assist Regional Manager in developing and executing Regional business plans that support the Alternative Market Risks Client Group’s objectives.
- Assist in projects, seminars, meetings, etc., as assigned by Management, having a Regional, Client Group and SBU impact.
- Minimum of five to ten years underwriting experience
- Excellent underwriting, marketing, negotiation and organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Superior communication skills
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 20 months ago