We are currently searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Morning Lead Chef for our Cafe in Lansing, MI . We are the leader in independent food service Management Company in Michigan. We are currently recruiting professional and customer-oriented Cafe Manager for our location in Lansing, MI.
This is a Full-time position for a qualified individual; previous experience in a contract food service environment is preferred, must have experience managing others, ideally previous experience in food service industry.
Must have OPEN AVAILABILITY , be willing to travel some (as needed to other cafe locations) and be willing & able to work Morning Shift Monday- Friday 5:00am to 2:00pm (Hours/shift may vary)
An ideal candidate would have great culinary skills, customer relations, food knowledge and production experience, as well as catering and upscale event knowledge and experience. Must be able and willing to manage multiple staff along with the General Manager of the cafe.
Serves café customers by maintaining the facility; planning and directing food preparation; greeting and seating customers; collecting revenues; maintaining supplies, equipment, and sanitation; managing staff.
- Accomplishes café human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Meets café operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets café financial standards by generating, collecting, and depositing revenues; paying bills; providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains cafe kitchen and grounds for cleanliness and presentation appeal.
- Provides appealing meals by designing menus; selecting daily "specials"; anticipating food consumption; estimating cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; placing and receiving food orders; evaluating the quality of meats, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, and baked goods; directing food preparation and cooking procedures; ensuring kitchen food production; monitoring cold and cooked food quality.
- Maintains café general supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting food and supply orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps café equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; notifying regonial manager regarding any repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation (serv-safe) and legal regulations; procuring trash removal services; maintaining security system.
- Satisfies customers by responding to special requests; resolving complaints; maintaining a relaxed, friendly atmosphere in the café.
- Be responsible for balancing out cash drawer; making bank deposits; reconciling food ordering/inventory
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/certification; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes café goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Culinary Skills, Kitchen Production, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, People Management, Planning, Safety Management, Quality Focus
- Very Dynamic
- Excellent leadership, communication and team building skills
- Ability to manage diverse and fast-paced environments
- Ability to be creative with menu and client
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of previous management experience , preferrable in food setting
- Must have at least a High school diploma or GED
- ServSafe or similar state-approved sanitation certification
- Computer word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Previous experience with POS systems (preferred)
- Must be a leader and self starter
This is a full time positions with full benefit options (we offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Bonus opportunities, & room for advancement)
Qualified applicants should submit their resume & cover letter to: CSIRESUME@CONTINENTALSERV.COM
Please include in subject title of E-mail " Lead Chef- Lansing"
We are proud to be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard