GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will provide the first line of support for the factory systems. As a first level responder, the technician will be directly responsible for taking calls and documenting issues from internal customers, troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution. The AMHS (Automated Material Handling System) Equipment Technician is a shift position working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
This job posting is for a "future opportunity" and does not represent a current vacancy. Job listings such as this allow GLOBAL FOUNDRIES to proactively review and identify talent on an on-going basis before a position becomes available. We encourage you to submit your credentials today with the understanding that a position does not exist and that you may not be contacted by a recruiter in reference to your resume submission. When an appropriate position opens that matches your profile, we may contact you to apply directly to the new position. We will keep your information on file for one year.
- Proactively monitor complex factory automation systems for alarms, errors and interrupts, and perform recoveries as needed.
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to out of control conditions including defect troubleshooting.
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment using documented procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Notify and work with other support personnel, shift managers, and cross-functional engineering as required to drive factory issues to resolution.
- Monitor installation of equipment and ensure safety and quality standards are being followed.
- Create and modify existing training material and procedures in order to provide first class reference material for peers and internal customers.
- Contribute to and engage in continuous improvement efforts to enhance systems, procedures, equipment availability, utilization, cycle time, cost, streamline business processes, etc.
- Contribute to building a strong team environment and train new team members as needed.
- 2 year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience.
- Exceptional hands-on mechanical skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation, strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously prioritize activities, be very detailed and timely.
- Be a strong team player with the ability to work well with a global team.
- Demonstrates an interest in self-improvement through continuous learning and skills development.
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment without restriction.
- Be able to work any 12 hour shifts, day or night.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a semiconductor manufacturing operation.
- Experience in a highly technical help desk environment.
- Experience with major applications and IT components in a high availability environment.
- Recent experience supporting a leading-edge 300mm wafer factory with a high degree of automation and complexity.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 9 months ago