The AMPAC Controller will be responsible for direct oversight of the regional AMPAC (Americas, Pacific) and Group Consolidation accounting, revenue & financial reporting, audit, taxation, and cash conversion cycle. The Controller will oversee full internal reporting requirements of the Sonos Inc. Group, directly supporting senior management with regards to decision support for overall business growth.
• Accounting and controls; including Corporate consolidations, intercompany and revenue recognition. Leads the month-end close process. Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow insuring that all statements are consistent with GAAP standards and other auditing standards.
• Annual audit and overall relationship management with independent auditors to drive completion of corporate and statutory audits.
• Ensure tax returns are completed accurately and timely.
• Inventory accounting – ensure that Sonos’ accounting practices for inventory are accurate and in accordance with GAAP
• Set and drive the cash conversion strategy. Create vision and implement policies, systems and processes to achieve a high velocity world-class cash cycle.
• Oversee & manage AMPAC cash management operations.
• Assist with establishment of financial controls, policies, and procedures of the company.
• Upgrade and enhance where necessary to streamline processes and reduce delays in reporting.
• Develop operational reports in managing the day to day business.
• Miscellaneous other duties as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles and techniques as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to work independently and complete multi-level tasks (self-directed).
• Ability to use computer based decision support systems and develop end user applications with limited assistance.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Solid analytical skills.
• Strong technical aptitude, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, ERP systems
• Consumer Goods and Retail experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to deal effectively in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Able to demonstrate personal and professional integrity and the ability to instill these qualities in others
• To be highly self-motivated, a major achiever who is focused and determined to succeed.
• Some travel required.
• BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred
• 12 years of progressive Accounting or Finance experience
• Experience with a large tiered ERP system
More about Sonos:
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...