APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric
values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon's largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon's energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places — team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That's PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It's fun. It's challenging. It's enriching. And it's a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us.
IT Developer Analyst (R13-014)
In this role you’ll work on a team performing complex analysis, design and development of customer service applications.
You’ll work with talented, creative and innovative employees using current software engineering methods and technologies. This position reports to a respected, personable and well-liked manager who values employee’s talents, capabilities and skills. You will also partner with your new manager and team mates to support you in your new role and in your professional development in your new career at PGE.
We are seeking:
The Reward? Receive a competitive salary and a full range of benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more - plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering Management or equivalent work experience in a related discipline.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated programming and assertive communication skills are a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management both internal and external to the IT organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, while accomplishing individual goals.
- Preferred 8 - 10 years progressively responsible experience in at least one of the following:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of corporate IT applications and systems,
- Working knowledge of current software development practices and related computing architectures, development of new operating system procedures and system configurations.
- Desired technical skills include Java and C/C++ programming, proficiency with UNIX including some shell scripting, familiarity with Apache Tomcat is a plus.
- Additional technical skills of interest include Appworx, Datastage and PL SQL.
- Strong knowledge sharing skills with team mates and interested and good at learning new skills and capabilities.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Assisting with storms or other company emergencies is an occasional part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at
by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Portland General Electric - 11 months ago