APPLY ONLINE ONLY
POSITION REQUIRES WORKING A ROTATING SCHEDULE; 7:00 A.M. TO 6:30 P.M., 7 DAYS/WEEK; WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
The City of Fort Worth Animal Care and Control Division is seeking to hire a qualified applicant to assist with animal care. Under general supervision, performs animal care tasks and shelter upkeep to maintain a clean and disease free environment for impounded animals.
1. Clean kennel runs, cages, and shelter buildings
2. Feed, water and care for impounded animals.
3. Relocate animals from trucks and cages.
4. Euthanizes unclaimed and unadoptable animals.
5. Document animal dispositions in a computer record keeping system.
6. Assist the public looking for lost or adoptable pets.
7. Assist field officers in unloading, checking in and relocating animals in the shelter.
8. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills / Requirements
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
High School Diploma or GED required, plus at least six (6) months of work experience in handling domestic animals and shelter upkeep preferred. Preference may be given to applicants with higher levels of education and experience. Extensive public contact work experience is required. Some computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel, are highly desirable.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid Texas Drivers License, proof of liability insurance and an acceptable driving record is required. Successful candidate must be able to drive and maintain City of Fort Worth vehicle required.
MISC. REQUIREMENTS: City of Fort Worth policy on acceptable driving record required.
Indoor and outdoor environments; exposure to a variety of domestic and wild animals; inclement weather conditions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing for prolonged periods of time; heavy, moderate or light lifting; operating motorized equipment and vehicles.
City of Fort Worth - 23 months ago