APPLY ON-LINE ONLY. PLEASE DETAIL ALL EXPERIENCES AS IT RELATES TO THIS POSITION IN YOUR APPLICATION.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A ROTATING SCHEDULE; 7:00 A.M. 10:00 P.M. WITH EMERGENCY ON CALL; 7 DAYS/WEEK, WEEKEND AND HOLIDAYS
The City of Fort Worth Animal Care and Control Division is seeking to hire a qualified applicant to assist with animal care. To enforce City and State laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to animal control; to patrol an assigned geographical area and respond to public animal control complaints; and to provide information and assistance to the public.
Essential functions include, but not limited, to:
1. Patrol City streets and parks; search for stray dogs, other domestic and wild animals, impound sick, injured, stray or trapped domestic and non-domestic animals.
2. Enforce State, City and local animal control laws, codes and ordinances; explain ordinances to citizens, issue citations for violations of animal control ordinances.
3. Respond to public inquiries regarding animals and provide information within area of assignment; assist in resolving complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
4. Investigate animal bite cases and other reported injuries; prepare bite reports and confirm details with bite victim; notify animal owner of incident and issue quarantine notices.
5. Euthanize animals due to suffering conditions and participate in the euthanasia laboratory providing euthanasia services on varying numbers of animal as needed.
6. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills / Requirements
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
High School Diploma or GED required, plus one (1) year of increasingly responsible animal control experience is required. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel computer skills and extensive public contact work experience is required. Two-way radio experience is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate Class C drivers license is require, proof of liability insurance and an acceptable driving record is required.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an Animal Control Officer Basic Certification through the Texas Department of State Health Services is required. Possession of, or ability to obtain, Euthanasia Certification, is preferred.
MISC. REQUIREMENTS: City of Fort Worth policy on acceptable driving record required.
Office and field environment; exposure to a variety of domestic and wild animals; inclement weather conditions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing for prolonged periods of time; ability to lift weight 75 pounds or more; operating motorized equipment and vehicles; and ability to walk for prolonged periods of time.
City of Fort Worth - 10 months ago