2013-2014 School Year
The teacher is responsible for the intellectual, social and effective development of students.
The teacher will also insure that all programs, materials and practices within the classroom are free from gender and minority bias and discrimination, and are in keeping with the letter and spirit of Title IX and Affirmative Action policies adopted by the Board of Education.
The teacher is directly responsible to the Principal of the school, and is evaluated/supervised by the administrator as designated in the Staff Evaluation Booklet. This evaluation is based upon basic tenets of good teaching which are found in each teacher's respective job description and the Connecticut Teaching Competencies.
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of a workable educational prescription (Individual Education Plan) for each identified child.
- Uses diagnostic instruments to measure progress within a child's planned program.
- Administers specialized test instruments and interprets results.
- Delivers content utilizing specialized instructional materials.
- Performs observations for the purpose of collecting diagnostic data.
- Participates in Planning and Placement Team (PPT) meetings and uses PPT findings to improve student learning experiences.
- Consults regularly with classroom teachers regarding student progress and programs.
- Maintains appropriate and on-going communication with administration, staff, parents/guardians.
- Develops and implements individual, classroom and/or school-wide behavioral plans for identified students.
- Must possess or be eligible for Connecticut Special Education certification (065, 165).
- Must produce evidence of meeting No Child Left Behind (NCLB) requirements, as applicable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to deliver content.
- Ability to relate successfully with staff, families and students from diverse backgrounds, experiences and skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to implement differentiated instruction and build upon the strengths and challenges of a multi-cultural and multi-racial classroom/district.
Apply Online, including all required attachments.
Danbury Public Schools - 20 months ago