The AOC team is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic self-starter to join the AOC WS integration team at Langley AFB as a Senior Network Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be a member of the AOC IA Team and ensure integration of IA goals into the AOC. This individual will also manage interfaces with internal/external organizations supporting the AOC IA Team with the assistance of the technical lead. Additionally, candidate will support development of the Site Specific Information Assurance Packages (SSIAP), firewall configurations and other IA documentation for the AOC WS Type Accreditation for multiple AOC WS locations in accordance with the AOC WS fielding schedule.
This role requires significant experience with network infrastructure design and operations including but not limited to: VLANs, firewalls, routers, intrusion prevention and host based security.
Knowledge of DoDI 8500.2 IA Controls is required and a solid foundation in DoD and DoDIIS IA policy, procedures, implementation and execution of industry best practices across an enterprise.
Candidate will be responsible for evaluating Accreditation Packages, Security Plans, Concepts of Operations, Functional Design Drawings, Network Topology Diagrams, Security Operating Procedures as well as the AOC WS Baseline Engineering Plan and Implementation Packages.
- DODI 8510.01, DODI 8500.2, AFI 33-210, CJCSI and other information assurance relevant Directives and AF Instructions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP Networking and Network Security.
- The ability to analyze network traffic flows to reverse-engineer the required firewall ports.
- The ability to troubleshoot firewall problems involving complex application flows between multiple hosts and spanning firewalled security zones.
- Experience with the design and management of layer 2 and 3 networks.
- Knowledge of desktop, server, and other network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, and SNMP.
- Must possess one of the following certifications: CNCIA, CCNA, JNCIS, CCNP, JNCIE, CCIE. Security + or CISSP is required; CISSP certification is strongly preferred
P3I, Inc - 2 years ago