About the AOL On Network:|
The AOL On Network is a curated video experience with the most up-to-date videos on every topic, across every page and every screen. AOL has created an optimal video platform for advertisers to engage an audience at scale in relevant and brand-safe environments. We are also extremely proud to introduce AOL’s premium video hub AOL On - a new consumer site that showcases AOL Originals and partner content across 14 channels, with dedicated pages for each content partner and/or original show. What makes AOL On unique is that it’s continuously curated by our Video Programming Team to feature breaking stories and trending topics. We also feature celebrity and expert curators who will actively select and recommend viewing choices via curated playlists. The web offers endless options, but AOL On sorts through the clutter providing viewers with the videos they should be watching right now.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Jack/Jill of all trades who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and dive right in! If you’re looking to expand your knowledge of business operations and administration while gaining exposure to all aspects of the online video business , this is the internship for you! You will work hand in hand with the Chief of Staff and support team for AOL Video supporting the SVP and VP as well as the Head of Operations.
Highlights & Responsibilities include:
Requirements for Success:
- Exposure to/support all Senior Video Business Leads
- Close and constant interaction with the SVP and VP of Video
- Collaborating daily with the Video Chief of Staff & Executive Support Team to ensure smooth sailing for an ever-changing and rapidly growing business unit
- Assisting with: Travel, Expense & Vendor Management, Executive Level Calendaring, Budget Allocation and Event Planning
- Managing special projects within database management, distribution lists and upkeep
- Become integral in space design and work with cross functionally with multiple AOL internal teams
- Ad-hoc support for Video Business Units and project work
- Candidate must be enrolled in a 4 year accredited university or have graduated no later than 2012.
- Candidate must demonstrate an interest in business administration. An interest in the media landscape or previous administrative internships preferred
- Intern must have either completed a basic internship at a corporate organization (media/entertainment preferred but not required) or demonstrate extensive leadership and/or participation in extra-curricular activities
- Candidate must have experience working with Microsoft Office with basic mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidate must be discreet as they will become privy to confidential company information
- Candidate must be mature, well communicated, and able to work with a diverse array of people as they will work closely with multiple Video teams and executives
- Candidate MUST thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing, start-up environment, and be comfortable in sometimes stressful situations
- Positive attitude, problem solving pros, hard-workers are a must!
- Preferred Majors (not required): Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Media, Communication,
AOL - 22 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...