PM Telco, a Robbins Gioia subsidiary is searching for an AOS (Avaya Operations Services) Release Management Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibility of the AOS Release Management Engineer is to plan and execute system upgrades and corrective content applications. All products under the AOS portfolio are included in the scope of work, including Telephony, Internetworking technology, both UC & CC, and 3rd party products. These responsibilities also include providing remote post-sales support of software and/or hardware systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers or field personnel. Engineers must complete projects and objectives as assigned by a supervisor and deal with routine to moderately complex problems or issues. The AOS Release Management Engineer will be required to do the following:
Telephony & Internetworking technology
Project Management and Coordination
- Create the necessary documentation related to resolving customer firmware and OS compliance discrepancies
- Create technical process documentation
- Understand differenced between layer 2 and 3 products, functionality, and features
- Identify protocols needed to provide interoperability in a multi vendor solution
- Demonstrate proficiency with product diagnostic tools, testing software applications, and test gear
- Have knowledge of various network topologies, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing.
- Have detailed knowledge of Digital, T1, Frame Relay, PPP, ISDN, DSL, ATM, Windows OS, Linux, Avaya S8XXX, Messaging, Gateway and Media Servers.
- Coordinate resources needed to fulfill project requirements and due dates
- Coordinate all provisioning task/cases to ensure that due dates have been established and resources assigned to all agreed upon Service Levels.
- Provide case status information including resource assignment, due date and completion status information when requested from internal organizations, and customer or customers representative
- Ensure he customer’s site is ready for Project Implementation including verifying the installation of appropriate hardware upgrades.
Senior Technical Consultants are exempt resources who typically work with clients to define needs or problems. They help determine the project scope, define and execute data collection methodologies and plans, and conduct analysis of studies and surveys. Senior Technical Consultants analyze and validate data to determine solutions and advise on alternative methods or recommend solutions.
- Provide superior customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills, flexibility, accountability, and teaming
The AOS Release Management Engineering position requires advanced knowledge and certifications, both in component configuration, and overall network design. This knowledge is applied in either, a combination of legacy and IP telephony, or Contact Center solutions. Expertise should specifically be in the areas of:
- Voice Packetization
- Voice Quality
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic convergence issues
- VoIP standardization and signaling protocols
- Security in the VoIP environment
- Emergency services in the VoIP environment
- Technology standards and protocols for converged networks
AOS Release Management Engineers must be proficient in Avaya UC & CC products which can include but are not limited to:
Additional knowledge and certifications in data network protocols and design can also be a strong asset.
- Communication Manager (servers, gateways and IP endpoints)
- Avaya Aura Session Manager
- Avaya Aura System Manager
- Avaya Aura Messaging
- Avaya Aura Conferencing
- Avaya one-X Communicator
- Avaya one-X CES
- Avaya Aura Contact Center
- Contact Center (Interaction Center, Voice Portal, CMS, IC, Dialers and Contact Recorders)
Engineers must have strong customer service and communication skills.
4 year Technical degree & 7+ years of related technical experience OR Non-degreed & 10+ years of related technical experience.
The AOS Release Management Engineer works in a non-traditional 40hr/wk environment. Primarily, work is done in normal business hours. However, the AOS Release Management Engineer will also be required to work periods during the evenings, or on weekends, in the support of internal teams, or as required by the customer. This position requires a strong ability to multitask as it is very interrupt driven.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer.