Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are seeking an entry level Accounting graduate for an Accounts Payable Associate position to perform moderate to complex duties in the Accounts Payable Department to establish and maintain good vendor relationships for all vendors of Hagemeyer North America by following Standard Operation Procedures as established by Hagemeyer North America and performing some or all of the following tasks:
- Prepare vendor invoices for payment by obtaining proper approval.
- Reconcile invoice amount and quantity with purchase order and receiver
- Initiate nonconformance’s for invoices unable to process for payment
- Resolve vendor and buyer discrepancies. Provide guidance and assistance to research and resolve issues.
- Resolve vendor debit balances.
- Maintain and analyze A/P reports for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Resolve and respond to nonconformance issues, vendor/field calls and correspondence with customer service timing guidelines
- Code, reconcile and research vendor invoices for expense and inventory related items
- Process credits, debits, and reconcile statements etc.
- Research and correct Credit Hold situations
- Maintain filing required record retention
- Ensure proper sign off on all invoice variances
- Utilize AP tools for proper measurements of effective processes: Call logs, NC database, Return Checks, Credit Holds
- Initiate request for manual, voids or stop payments
- Set Up and maintain vendor information for each legacy system
- Maintain W-9 vendor information
- Provide 1099 support, if applicable
- Reconcile receipts on the RBNI reports against payments for accuracy of open receipts
- Ensure AP debits are entered for each return upon shipment of the material to the vendor
- Reconcile each return vendor credit memo to resolution
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Strong PC Skills particularly with MS Excel (i.e. able to perform vLookups, Pivot Tables)
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical skills highly desired.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Click here to apply online
Sonepar USA - 15 months ago
Hagemeyer North America (HNA) gets a charge out of spreading things around. The company -- a subsidiary of French distribution...