The Accounts Payable Manager will report directly to the Controller. The position will provide direct support for the hiring, training and supervising of the Accounts Payable Team and ensure the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments.
- Direct and manage the Accounts Payable team to provide accurate and timely processing and disbursement of vendor obligations and ensure the integrity of the financial accounting system.
- Responsible for the management of the Accounts Payable team includes hiring, training, assigning and directing the work flow of the staff.
- Establish internal controls and procedures to protect the assets of the company and determine new controls or procedures that address the growth of the company.
- Interact on a regular basis with upper management and external customers as well as other internal customer departments to integrate solutions that meet the company's goals both financially and operationally.
- Responsible for the approval of journal entries, account reconciliations, and month end closing deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience of accounts payable processing experience, 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with project management and process improvement
- Experience in an electronic accounts payable processing environment
- Previous experience with an integrated procurement tool (we are implementing Coupa)
- Experience in a similar geographically dispersed multi-unit multi-state industry preferred
- Experience with the set up and maintenance of the vendor master file
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Access, Word and MS Dynamics GP (fka Great Plains)
- Proven systems integration experience including planning, evaluation and implementation
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
- Team oriented person who can focus both on the details and the "big picture"
- Proven results oriented goals with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- The ability to deal effectively in a rapidly changing organization