Gracious Eloise is a young, hungry and fun technology startup that loves to work on complex challenges. We have developed a patented technology to replicate handwriting: our world-class product is revolutionizing how people connect with each other on a deeper level.
Our team is small, passionate, and excited to be creating a new product and market. You have the opportunity to be a key member of the team and to take ownership over making our REST APIs simple for developers to use yet powerful and flexible enough to support all the functionality of our website and services. All employees are offered stock options and healthcare benefits.
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you:
* Create and maintain scalable, modular software for Gracious Eloise’s APIs and applications
* Collaborate on software design
* Measure and optimize the performance of new and existing systems
* Stay current on new, relevant technologies
* Ensure cross-browser compatibility
* Participate in code reviews and discussions
* Mentor junior team members
You are experienced with:
* Ruby, Python or similar scripting language
* Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
* REST API development
* Software design patterns / OOP
* SQL and query optimization
* Linux or other *nix
* Git or other DVCS
* Building and consuming APIs and web services
* Computer science or related degree
* Public / external-facing REST APIs
* OCR or other machine learning knowledge
* CouchDB, Riak, or other NoSQL DB
* Performance testing and optimization
* You have previously worked in a startup
About Gracious Eloise
Gracious Eloise is a young, hungry and fun technology startup that loves to work on complex challenges. We have developed patented handwriting replication software that creates a digital version of any handwriting. We call it “QuillTech” and it replicates all the nuances and variability of handwriting, unlike the existing cursive fonts on the market.
With this technology, we are revolutionizing how people connect on a deeper level with personalized, handwritten printed notes. With the complementary web application, writing notes is as fast and easy as writing an email. Notes are then printed, addressed, stamped and mailed within 24 hours.
Our platform is in beta with clients ranging from NYSE Euronext to Douglas Elliman to Tory Burch. We are based in New York City and are funded.
For more information, please visit graciouseloise.com to learn more about how we make handwritten notes as easy as email!
joelonsoftware - 13 months ago