GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Provides strategic P&L / operations finance leadership, for a defined group of organizations, P&L / a region. Business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy, and (global) profitability. Manages a team of Financial Analysts in smaller scope roles. May include oversight for several types of Finance responsibilities such as FP&A / Controllership. Typically reports to Finance Manager, and dotted line to the operational leader.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Partner with site leaders and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
• Manage the Cost Accounting function including, Materials Standard Costing, Manufacturing Variance Analysis and Inventory Reconciliation
• Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information (e.g. report dashboard and VC/BC productivity). Actively participate with LS Operations Management to improve productivity and inventory management
• Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
• Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability
• Drive consistent and effective finance policies and procedures; seek opportunities to simplify and enhance processes
• Ensure monthly/quarterly close process targets and timetables are achieved
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of balance sheet account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, GE Corporate Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and accounting entries
• Supervise staff of two employees covering the following areas: A/P, inter-company invoicing and accounting, Fixed Assets, Payroll and Cash Management
• Responsible for Finance Department Budgeting and Reporting
• Responsible for deferred revenue tracking to include extended warranty as well as reserve calculations
• Supports corporate reporting needs by responding to data requests, monitoring the linkage between Hyperion to Great Plains and supervision of intercompany reporting
• Responsible for Cash Management, specifically the supervision of cash transactions (Webcash) activities and coordination of TRS (foreign currency receivables) activities
The API Finance Manager provides finance leadership to the site working closely with the site operational leadership, LS global supply chain finance and LS controllership. The role requires a broad understanding of accounting in a manufacturing environment and a sound knowledge of GE finance systems and processes.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of three years of financial work experience or High School Diploma/GED and minimum of six years financial work experience including experience of manufacturing accounting, financial accounting, developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
2. Possess the aptitude to run and use specific systems such as Great Plains, GLA Analyzer (internal GE system) and Hyperion Financial Module
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
2. Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
3. Leadership experience: has experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
4. Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
5. Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
6. Fluency in English
7. Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
8. Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
9. Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
10. Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
11. Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
12. Trained and/or familiar with process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 16 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...