Requisition ID: 60957
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 25605
- Location: Curtis Is., QLD
- Grade: 26
General Job Description
APLNG TRAINING COORDINATOR
Prepare training plan to for Owner personnel in preparation for operating an LNG gas processing facility. Develop and obtain Owner approval on training plan. Organize / schedule training, to be delivered by Bechtel Subject Matter Experts. Training Coordinator will track individual progress and issue weekly report on individual progress.
Training to contain Generic, Techincal, and On-the-job levels of training that will provide operating and maintenance personnel the required knowledge to operate, maintain and inspect systems and equipment. Training to include site based commissioning and startup for Owners personnel. Training will also include Licensor, Vendor and Subcontractor materials, which the Training Coordinator will coordinate. Training will also be provided/coordinated on an Operator Training Simulator as required by contract.
Training will be monitored and statused via competency testing and evaluations.
This position will start in the Houston office for approx. 6 months and then transition to the job-site in Gladstone, Australia. The employee must be able to obtain work authorization in Australia. Relocation to job-site in Australia is authorized.
1. Write and review training lessons and prepare training aids and mockups.
2. Coordinate lesson word processing, graphics, and reproduction.
3. Schedule the training program and lesson delivery with Startup, the client, and associated vendors.
4. Coordinate, review, and schedule vendor produced training materials and programs.
5. Present a few training lessons/program in a classroom setting, with the balance by other subject experts.
6. Conduct field equipment and system walkdowns.
7. Track trainee progress and issue weekly status reports on each person.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or 5-10 years equivalent work experience
Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience pre-commissioning, commissioning and operations
Minimum of 5 years prior experience in developing and delivering training materials
Prior experience with Bechtel startup processes and procedures, plus supervised startup activities on one or more large scale project(s).
Experience and demonstrated ability to conduct training courses using classroom techniques and standard or improvised teaching aids
Demonstrated ability to prepare and present effective oral and written reports.
Skill in developing, coordinating, implementing and administering training programs.
Skill in personnel administration.
Experience related to the startup and commissioning of facility equipment and systems. Integrated facility operational experience is a plus.
Previous experience working with facility operations and maintenance personnel is desired.
Experience in writing, reviewing, and presenting training programs desired. Formal training education (e.g., Train-the-Trainer) a plus.
Ability to stand in front of a class of students and professionally present (teach) training lessons is a must.
Skill Group/ Skill
Environmental, Safety & Health
- Ø Managing Environmental,Safety,& Health - Basic
Function/Work Specialty Experience
- Ø Training Experience – Advanced
General (Startup Skills)
- Ø Plant Maintenance - Basic
Operations- Petroleum & Chemical
- Ø Gas Processing / Treatment - Basic
Petroleum & Chemical (Startup Skills)
- Ø Gas Processing / Treatment - Basic
Personnel Management Skills
- Ø International Staff/Craft Supervision - Basic
- Ø Field Non-Manual Supervision - Basic
- Ø Execution Planning - Intermediate
- Ø Startup Training Coordination - Basic
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...