IT DATA MANAGEMENT
About This Position
The Application Architect’s role is to provide strategic and operational vision and leadership for developing, integrating, and supporting all Patient Revenue Systems within the EHR Program and Business Services software. The Applications Architect will also input into the planning and implementation of
IT systems at an enterprise level.
This position requires:
- Identify new application technologies which support the mission of
and Business Services’ application roadmap.
- Lead activities with external vendors and internal teams to identify, evaluate, and recommend applications. This includes defining and leading proof of concept activities associated with technology assessments.
- Provide subject matter leadership on application technologies.
- Oversee adherence to architecture and strategy in design processes, including integration, web products, acquired, internally developed applications, and integrated hosted solutions.
- Assure that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Guide the infrastructure, application support, and development teams to ensure the consistency of their components, with respect to the overall product architecture and Business Services’ roadmap.
- Develop application level technical standards and governance of approvals of standards.
- Provide leadership in
IT’s architecture governance to influence the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products, best practices, standards, and strategic planning.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of all software programs and usage patterns in customer environments.
- Participation in the assessment and resolution of software defects discovered during internal code reviews and/or the quality assurance process.
- Frequently interface directly with IT vendors on security activity, reporting, and remediation.
- Financial planning and controls reflecting the strategic nature and return on investment of the investment being undertaken.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business management or technical/healthcare discipline; or equivalent experience consisting of a minimum of ten (10) years of application design, development, and implementation in a multi site environment.
- Ten (10) or more years experience in software or applications engineering and/or technical operations is preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years experience managing in a technology, hospital, or medical industry is preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years experience with Siemens MedSeries4 and RPG/400 is preferred.
Extensive knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Deep awareness and understanding of emerging trends and technologies in IT and Healthcare. Considered a subject matter expert in multiple technology areas. Expertise in mobile application technology and web 2.0 frameworks is preferred.
- Extensive experience in various types of IT and IT Health care applications. Knowledge of Meditech, Siemens, Cerner, and McKesson products is desired.
- Experience programming in IBM RPG/400, implementing, and supporting applications in an IBM AS400 environment the following is desired.
- Java Application Server with WebSphere products.
- Microsoft .Net framework and ASP.Net
- Relational databases with emphasis on Oracle and Microsoft products. IBM product knowledge is also desired.
- Common web protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, and SOAP.
- Infrastructure technologies such as load balancers, fire walls, clustering, and encryption devices
- Operating systems – AS400, UNIX/Linux, Windows.
- Design tools, design patterns, and UML class diagrams.
- Demonstrated leadership driving architecture solutions (and their adoption) thru a flexible staffing model which leverages matrixed employees, vendor, outsource partners (managed services environment), and contractors across multiple locations.
- Proven ability to drive complex technical solutions which may include both legacy and converging technology use at an enterprise level and business process change through education and partnership with the program sponsor(s).
- Demonstrated success in architecting large-scale and long-term technology transformation.
- Proven ability thru experience to diagnose complex technical problems in a multi-layered enterprise application environment encompassing both vendor and custom built solutions. Must be comfortable working at a “hands on” level with tier 3 technical support teams.
- Deep knowledge of information, software and technology infrastructure management principles, methods, standards, and techniques.
- Communication and presentation skills appropriate for executive and ‘C’ level interaction.
- Relentless pursuit of service excellence at both project and operational levels.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with operational/production leadership as well as strategic planners.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Participation in on-call rotations is required.
- Ability to work varied or non-business hours is required.
, headquartered in San Francisco, California, provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. For more information, please visit our website at
. Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
Arizona-Arizona Service Area-Phoenix-Corp Office - PHX
Corp Office - PHX
3033 North 3Rd Ave
Hours Per Pay Period
Number of Openings
Area of Interest
Information Technology (IT)
Dignity Health - 17 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...