ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace the company vision of helping people lead healthier lives. The over 3,100 employees on our team enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. Employees have access to comprehensive benefit packages; corporate discounts; continuing education opportunities, including our online learning portal, and more. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. We are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Apps System Programmer II to join our team at our office in Latham, New York. The Apps System Programmer II is responsible for the development and design of data structures, automated reports and resolution of client ad hoc request. This entails SQL programming and use of query and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, OLAP, Oracle SQL, and the industry leading business intelligence tools.
- Use modern reporting applications to produce automated reports. (i.e. Business Objects Crystal Reports, VB.NET, and Oracle PL/SQL)
- Create SQL code to build Oracle tables. Also responsible for Generating SQL code to perform rapid accessment of table loads and content of key elements.
- Prepare operations and report documentation that is detailed and easily interpreted. And follow established procedures for making modifications and upgrades to existing scripts and reports.
- Perform validation of reports, scripts and processes during development ensuring data integrity prior to releasing finished product to internal and external clients.
- Respond to server center reporting needs according to the customer service guidelines of Data Management & Analysis.
We offer a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, and others. 3 WEEKS VACATION ACCRUES DURING 1ST YEAR!!! We're conveniently located in Airport Park, off Albany-Shaker Road with free parking, bus service and a casual dress environment.
- Education : Bachelor’s Degree required; preference given to those candidates with a degree in the IT field; if no degree then 2-4 years of experience in an IT environment.
- Licensures : None
- Relevant Work Experience : 2-4 years of experience in an IT environment.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities : This position requires an understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft Server operating system and must be able to implement a scalable reporting system such as BO Enterprise, MS Sequel server or MS Internet Server. Position also requires extensive documentation writing throughout the development process.
Follow this link to be taken to our Job Board, where you can create a profile and apply for the position:
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
Value Options - 16 months ago
FHC Health Systems provides stability through its behavioral health care services, which are offered to millions of people through its...