Business Overview: STANLEY ACCESS TECHNOLOGIES is the leading manufacturer, installer, and service provider in the automatic door business. To promote the continuation of our quality reputation and focused growth, we are currently hiring the best talent available for the position of AR Collections Representative at our Farmington, CT Location. This will be a temporary assignment only (3-4 months). No benefits will be offered with this role. Responsibilities: Responsible for evaluating new customers, establishing and monitoring credit limits, researching account activity and resolving past due accounts through extensive contact with customers. Also responsible for improving cash flow and minimizing bad debt write-offs. Organizational Relationship: This position reports directly to the Customer Financial Services Manager. This position will work closely with order entry, Contract Construction Specialists, Construction & Service Managers, Sales reps. and Customers. Key Result Area: Collections 65%, Credit Approval 20%, Analysis 10%, Reports 5%. Specific Responsibilities: 1. Responsible for using a standard review system to add new customers to the corporate customer base and to monitor and review accounts receivable files to determine delinquent accounts for collection effort and implement necessary steps to bring accounts current. This includes the responsibility to determine which shipments are on hold or stopped. 2. Evaluate customer records and recommend to the Customer Financial Services Manager that accounts be closed, credit limits be reduced or extended, or collection be attempted based on earnings and savings data, payment history, and purchase activity of customer. 3. Confer with representatives of credit associations and other businesses to exchange information concerning credit ratings and customer’s credit history. This will include interviewing customers in person or by telephone to investigate complaints, verify accuracy of changes, or to correct errors in accounts. 4. Responsible for using the Dun & Bradstreet credit service to pull reports for use in accomplishing responsibilities. 5. Communicate with financial institutions and customer to secure alternative forms of payments such as security agreements, wire transfers and letters of credit as necessary. 6. Assist the Customer Financial Services Manager with the development and implementation of credit and collections policies. 7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Customer Financial Services Manager to support departmental goals. Qualifications Required: |
• Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills.
• Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems preferred
• Knowledge of credit process and collections of invoices
• Knowledge of finance to set limits, liabilities and ratings
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
• Ability to be detail orientated with strong organizational skills required
• Good basic math and financial analyst skills
• Ability to overcome obstacles, encounter the unexpected and continue moving forward
• B.S. degree preferred
• 3 years business experience with a focus in the credit arena Stanley Access Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages applications from women, veterans and minorities.
Stanley Black & Decker - 2 years ago
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...