The AR Specialist is a member of the Credit and Collection team with responsibility for a wide variety of AR administrative tasks, including processing of daily invoices and monthly statements, assisting credit team with reconciling issues, processing of debits and credits to customer accounts, and gathering required information for evaluation of credit limits and terms for new and existing dealers. This position is also responsible for accurate posting and reconciling of cash receipts, including ACH payments, credit cards, lockbox, and misc other payments. Accuracy is critical to this function. Must be detail-oriented, possess strong time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple key tasks.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Process daily invoices and monthly statements and ensure timely mailing of each.
- Upload and reconcile cash receipts to ensure correct posting through lockbox interface with bank imagelook, as well as manual posting of wires and ACH payments.
- Process credit card payments to get approvals for prepaid pending orders, allocate credit card payment invoices, and process online transactions.
- Request credit references on new or existing dealer applications, and provide requested trade references to other suppliers.
- Monitor AR inbox and process approved AR adjustment requests related to billing errors, ie price.
- Review and process financing approval for extended terms program orders and follow up to ensure that financed invoices are submitted correctly, coordinating with Credit Specialist to resolve unpaid financed invoices.
- Processing of other credits/debits received through AR requests.
This position has a wide diversity of work situations, and requires good organization skills, working quickly while maintaining accuracy, and ability to manage multiple priorities. There is a moderate degree of complexity as it requires knowledge of ERP system: Oracle, customer accounts, payment terms, and a thorough erstanding of basic accounting including debits and credits. The AR Specialist must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within the team framework.
Specific Job Skills:
Education and/or Experience:
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), with an emphasis on the ability to prepare and analyze data using Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in Oracle preferred, but not required.
- Solid erstanding of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environment with high level of accuracy. Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts, and live (lunch-time) music during spring and fall.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in accounts receivable, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment, with general AR administration duties including posting cash receipts from lockbox, wires, ACH, reconciling payments, and issuing debits/credits for billing adjustments.
Loud Technologies - 18 months ago