As a Director, Strategic Partnerships for the Southwest Region within ARAMARK’s Healthcare sector, you will focus on the retention efforts for our existing “Top 100” client accounts. This includes efforts on mandatory rebids and proactive extensions in order to retain and grow existing business. A successful candidate will be expected to be an active listener, applying keen analytical skills to understand our clients' goals and aspirations, to proactively identify potential at-risk accounts within an assigned region/portfolio using objective data and evidence-based decision-making. This role is crucial to the continued retention and development of the ARAMARK Healthcare sector. This is a senior level executive sales position with industry-leading financial rewards for top performance. The Director role will report directly to the Vice President Sales, Strategic Partnerships in the ARAMARK Healthcare sector.
Responsibilities include the formal application of account diagnostics, plan development, customer presentations, client relationship development ensuring ARAMARK is high, wide, and deep within the client organization and client contract negotiations.
- Actively engage in an on site position assessment (client interviews and metric review) to determine current status and risk of the account/system and establish regularly scheduled calls/meetings (led by operations) to communicate progress and next steps.
- Participating in and leading/facilitating the RFP process as the subject matter expert in RFP response specifically at “retention” client sites.
- Engaging directly with the leadership at the client site cultivating performance-based relationships focused on needs identification, execution issues and retention risk.
- Completing and leading the sales process (Blue Sheet) and driving to predictive trend analysis, formal application of account diagnostics, proposal development, customer presentations, client relationship development, client contract negotiations, and maintaining an effective electronic account management data base
- Lead and participate in Major Pursuit processes with cross lines of business to determine best solution for client retention.
- Develop internal deal approval documents to obtain company approval for renewals.
- Work directly with Business resource center to develop proposal documents
- Candidates must be able to anticipate and communicate potential obstacles/challenges/issues at the client sites that could adversely impact our ability to retain the account and partner with account operations leadership/Regional Operations Team in developing and executing customized retention strategies; while successfully communicating the differential advantages of a partnership with ARAMARK. Short turnaround times require extraordinary urgency.
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Possess a consultative, customer centric selling philosophy
- Demonstrate the ability to build alliances and influence key decision makers, both internally and externally, without formal authority
- Managing customer relationships through creative problem solving and customer savvy
- Market awareness in healthcare
- Operational acumen and savvy including proforma development
- Organizational ability to apply performance metrics and operational results to identify accounts at-risk and opportunities for growth
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills
- Poised and sharp presentation skills
- Team selling orientation and leadership skills in a non-reporting environment
- BA/BS Degree from an accredited university/college
- A minimum of eight (8) years of industry related experience
- Must have patient/dining/retail and/or facility services background in business development and/or operations
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required
- Previous experience in contract-managed services is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in engaging with and effectively presenting to senior leadership is required
ARAMARK - 19 months ago
Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind Compass...