PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide leadership, management and design of software application and middleware systems. To provide guidance on software architecture, development processes and procedures in the support of Cincinnati Children's mission and goals. To mentor and lead developers of said software. To promote industry best practices.
Perform performance evaluations, determine training needs, help to set and communicate priorities, help develop and manage budget, mentor employees on development, design and process. Help in solving issues. Provide career advice for employees. Make sure employees participate in all mandated training, programs and activities as directed by the hospital or I.S. Ensure team meets deadlines and delivers products as requested and as designed.
Develop, implement and ensure compliance of processes for design, development, code review, project management, source control, testing and requirements gathering, among others. Determine tools needed to efficiently and effectively implement procedures and processes. Budget for tools. Educate the team on processes. Measure processes and manage process improvement projects.
Develop, maintain and enforce software development standards. Provide tools and processes to make sure that standards are followed and that software is delivered to standards. Stay abreast of new or emerging technologies that directly or indirectly affect software development standards. Communicate standards to their team, I.S. And other developers in the hospital. Collaborate with other teams within the hospital, such as BMI, to make sure the standards are consistent and comprehensive.
Software Architecture Framework
Develop, understand and maintain a flexible development architecture that is adhered to for all development. Keep abreast of new or emerging tools and technologies and implement into our development framework when appropriate. Collaborate with other teams within the hospital, such as BMI, to make sure the architecture framework is consistent and comprehensive. Educate team, IS and other hospital developers on architecture, framework and tools.
Ensure outstanding end-user support is provided, including ongoing monitoring of Service Level Agreements for incident management and collaboration with other areas to ensure customer-centered incident management and support. Adhere to and promote continual adoption of change management policies and procedures. Model outstanding customer service behavior, including timely and effective follow-up with customers. Always maintain CCHMC's service standards of being Courteous, Attentive, Respectful and Enthusiastic team members, and Safe (CARES).
Represent our architecture, tools, standards, policies and processes with the hospital and outside entities. Provide presentations and talks when necessary about our design, processes and services available. Present on tools, architecture and other aspects of our development to visitors, at site visits, in internal and external presentations as well as potentially other venues or publications. Make sure documentation is appropriate and available to the correct audiences. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years' experience managing a team of professionals
- 8 years' related experience such as developing large multi-tier software products using object oriented concepts, developing scalable systems using queuing, caching and a multi-tiered architecture, or designing large multi-tier software products using design patterns and best practice
- Clear understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle. Deep understanding of Object Oriented Development, Software Design and UML.
- Wide knowledge of software development tools, design tools and methodologies.
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Experience using a design tool such as Enterprise Architect or the Rational suite of products
- Understanding of design patterns such as model-view, Factory, Facade, etc and modern integration tools such as service buses, SOA, BPM, etc.
Cincinnati Children Hospital - 16 months ago
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health care...