The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Applicants may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Back to top
Back to top
One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been as the
grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal
service. Examples of creditable specialized experience include: Professional knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and practices applicable to a broad range of facilities assignments. Knowledge of design and construction practices and techniques in establishing design parameters and preparing project justifications and specifications. Knowledge of drafting techniques and conventions and drafting skills sufficient to convey design concepts and ideas and formulate working drawings. Ability to modify standard practices and adapt techniques to solve a variety of problems. Ability to adapt precedents or make significant departures from previous approaches to similar projects in order to provide for specialized requirements of some projects. Ability to plan and monitor large-scale facilities projects so as to assure compliance with applicable objectives, standards, and requirements.
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform professional architectural design duties in support of a military installation. Performs design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property
facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of architecture. Applies standard architectural theory and practices to design work of a conventional nature without technical instruction or guidance and identifies limits of the problems involved.
- Prepares architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW). Provides technical review of A&E design, including calculations, cost estimates, analyses, drawings, and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements. Serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts. May serve on A&E selection boards and construction contract source selection boards.
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines, contracting personnel, and customers. Applies knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed. Uses communication skills to keep project stakeholders abreast of project details and resolve conflicts.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete. Uses computers/computer software such as information management programs, computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs, and project tracking programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work. Keeps current on relevant software applications.
- In conjunction with the primary duty of design, on a less frequent basis performs work in the construction management, programming/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions. Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Professional knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and practices and familiarity with engineering disciplines. Knowledge of aesthetic and functional design techniques and skill in preparing preliminary drawings, sketches, and construction drawings.
Knowledge of drafting techniques and drafting skill sufficient to convey design concepts and ideas and formulate working drawings.
Knowledge of standard contracting regulations, practices, and procedures.
Knowledge of architectural and construction standards, methods, practices, techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with regulations and standards.
Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions.
Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable safety standards, regulations, and/or technical orders.
Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate with engineering disciplines.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and maintain a good working relationship.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military and commercial aircraft.
The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may not be used.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, April 18, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 871990. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
7 W ARNOLD STR 19
Department of the Air Force - 11 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...