The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is seeking to engage an experienced consultant to serve as the Asia Program Manager to be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant will be an integral contributor to CCAP’s cornerstone project, the Mitigation Action Implementation Network (MAIN). Through dialogues/workshops, video conferences, research and on-the-ground policy assistance, MAIN is focused on helping developing countries develop Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) to reduce greenhouse gases and promote sustainable development. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with host countries to help CCAP identify and develop NAMAs that could be finance-ready in the next 12 months in the Target Countries i.e. Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Pakistan, and Malaysia;
- Work with host countries to design NAMAs by conducting and/or overseeing technical, economic and policy analyses to support and inform the NAMA;
- Help CCAP prepare full-fledged NAMA proposals;
- Engage with a wide-range of stakeholders in the Asian region in order to promote CCAP’s NAMAs and climate policy vision, and work with CCAP on other climate change issues in Asia.
The Consultant should have:
Developing climate change mitigation or environmental policies
Design, development, and/or implementation of sectoral mitigation programs, nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs), and/or national low carbon development strategy
Managing climate change project and investment portfolio (carbon funds acceptable but not necessary)
Developing PPP-style financing programs in the clean energy, urban transport or waste management sectors
Designing large scale loan facilities or investments for infrastructure projects in the clean energy, urban transport and/or waste management sector
Designing country investment plans on behalf of financial institution
- Worked in or with government, or international or regional development institution in a position of responsibility in at least one of the Target Countries on one or more of the following activities:
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following sectors: renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste, or transport;
- Existing relationships with staff or mid/senior-level government officials in few of the relevant ministries (environment, energy, transport, finance etc.) in at least one of the Target Countries;
- Ability to engage with high-level officials from governments, financial institutions and the private sector to advance NAMAs and CCAP’s finance policy vision;
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience bringing major deliverables to completion in a team environment with minimal oversight;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to write for both policy and analytic audiences, and present at conferences. Fluency in Thai a plus;
- Minimum of 8 years of international environmental or climate change policy analysis and/or finance experience;
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Public Policy, Law or a related field.
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications, your resume (in Word or PDF format), and one writing sample (containing quantitative or technical analysis including spreadsheet, if possible) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “Asia Program Manager” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail.
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank...