Micron Technology’s Client Systems team is focused on developing leading-edge System-on-Chip (SoC) designs, incorporating advanced processor, memory, and interface IP to create market-disruptive computing solutions. As an ASIC Digital Design Engineer for this team, you will develop innovative ASIC architectures and supporting intellectual property for new SoC designs. Working with internal partners, you will leverage Micron’s inherent advantage in volatile and non-volatile memory to create innovative systems with disruptive levels of performance, power and cost.
This role is based at Micron’s Headquarters in Boise, Idaho where our employees enjoy careers that allow them to be on the leading edge of the industry while enjoying an exceptional quality of life in one of the most vibrant and outdoor-friendly cities in the West. Come join Micron’s Client Systems team as we define, architect and deliver leading-edge System-on-Chip Solutions that will change the computing, communications and storage industries.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with a team of ASIC, firmware, and software engineers to develop front-end designs for novel and innovative SoC solutions.
- Working with internal partners to leverage Micron’s inherent advantage in volatile and non-volatile memory to create systems with disruptive levels of performance, power and/or cost.
- Designing and verifying innovative new intellectual property to improve the competitiveness of SoC solutions.
- Exploring and demonstrating feasibility of new intellectual property through system modeling and FPGA-based prototyping.
- Working with internal engineering teams and external customers to characterize new SoC architectures, functions, and components.
- Contributing to the development and evolution of front-end design flow for SoC ASICs.
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with third-party partners and vendors of SoC intellectual property and development tools.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience developing digital SOCs/ASICs.
- Experience developing designs and intellectual property for complex ASIC solutions.
- A proven track record of system product development and delivery.
- Experience with HDL design and simulation using Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog, and C.
- Experience performing ASIC and FPGA targeted synthesis using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- The ability to work with a physical design team on floor-planning and physical partitioning of a design.
- Familiarity with industry standard processor and bus architectures.
- Familiarity with SoC ASIC emulation through FPGA-based prototyping platforms.
- Familiarity with system performance simulation and modeling.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners and suppliers.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to teamwork and working with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form.
- MS or BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...