Micron Technology’s Client Systems team is focused on developing leading-edge System-on-Chip (SoC) designs, incorporating advanced processor, memory, and interface IP to create market-disruptive computing solutions. As ASIC Verification Lead Engineer, you will work with a team of design and verification engineers architecting, implementing, and deploying ASIC verification methodologies to produce first-time-right implementations of complex SoCs. Working with internal partners, you will leverage Micron’s inherent advantage in volatile and non-volatile memory to create innovative systems with disruptive levels of performance, power and cost.
This role is based at Micron’s Headquarters in Boise, Idaho where our employees enjoy careers that allow them to be on the leading edge of the industry while enjoying an exceptional quality of life in one of the most vibrant and outdoor-friendly cities in the West. Come join Micron’s Client Systems team as we define, architect and deliver leading-edge System-on-Chip Solutions that will change the computing, communications and storage industries.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Owning the development of comprehensive verification strategies for multiple simultaneous SoC designs, leading a group of verification engineers in the creation of test plans, test suites, and verification frameworks.
- Development of verification methodologies and tool flows with a focus on IP reuse across multiple teams and designs, developing working partnerships with similar groups company-wide to drive synergetic standardization.
- Generating and driving the development of innovative new intellectual property to improve the competitiveness of SoC solutions.
- Working with internal engineering teams and external customers to characterize new SoC architectures, functions, and components.
- Owning the development and evolution of verification tool flow for SoC ASICs, implementing the flow with the support of a larger team of design and verification engineers.
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with third-party partners and vendors of SoC intellectual property and development tools.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience developing and verifying digital SOCs/ASICs.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing comprehensive test plans for complex SoC designs with high hit rate for first-time-right design.
- Experience designing and implementing verification methodology and tool flows.
- Strong background in verification with industry standard tools and languages such as UVM, SystemVerilog, and C/C++.
- Experience generating and executing functional coverage and constrained random verification plans.
- Excellent scripting skills with industry standard languages such as Perl, Python, and Tcl.
- Experience with release methodology and revision control systems.
- Experience with HDL design and simulation using Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog, and C.
- Familiarity with ASIC and FPGA targeted synthesis using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners and suppliers.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to teamwork and working with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form.
- MS or BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...