To ensure that samples are taken off the automated sorters in a timely manner so as not compromise sample integrity. The ASM Technician will also ensure that samples are loaded on the automated track for storage in a systematic manner therefore avoiding any unnecessary track overloads. The ASM Technician ensures that specimens are stored correctly in manual and automated storage.
This position reports to the ASM Supervisor. In their absence this position reports to the appropriate Lead, Work Flow Coordinator, or Night and Evening Operations Managers.
Representative Activities and Accountabilities
1. Takes responsibility for all samples coming off the sorters.
· For refrigerated and/or frozen samples, highlight in pink, sort as to lab or instrument and place in the appropriate areas in the refrigerators and freezers at the sorter area for laboratory pickup
· For samples that are marked as room temperature, deliver to the laboratory that performs the test
2. Takes responsibility for all samples going back on the track for storage.
· Loads samples on the track for storage in such a manner as not to overload the system
· Checks samples before they are placed on the track thus ensuring that the samples will not get caught in the modules or be sent to the reject lane
3. Stores samples in the AS/RS system, in automated and manual modes.
4. Become proficient in the use of Pathnet, ESP Checkout, ESP Storage, ESP RACS, APX GUI, and ESP Inquiry.
5. Learn to perform critical Biomedical engineering tasks.
6. Learn the basic mechanics of the AS/RS storage system and AutoLab track system.
7. Separates STC’s for the Specimen Processing Departments use.
8. Rotates between the North, Central, South, and West sorter as defined by workflow.
9. Maintains and clears the reject lane as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous laboratory experience
Physical and other requirements
· Ability to perform a physically demanding job (i.e. constant movement between floors, transporting lab specimens, bending and getting under laboratory machines).
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to work all required overtime
· Must be able to lift 10 pounds
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
Excellent ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal
· Fine motor coordination
· Good visual acuity including color perception
· Individual must have excellent follow-through
Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, and work under stressful conditions
ARUP Laboratories - 15 months ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...