Work involves a shared responsibility of planning, implementing activities for the King Center's After School program. Initially, work is performed under the close supervision of the Teen REACH and After School Program coordinators, but as the employee gains experience, work is performed with considerable independence. Work is reviewed through evaluations and observation of program results.
Examples of Duties:
Provides daily tutorial assistance to students grades K-8.
Supervises program participants.
Coordinates and supervises activities.
Provides effective and efficient customer service.
Answers questions and provides program information.
Experience in participating in or implementing youth activities; or any equivalent combination of training and experience in youth activities; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
• Must be punctual, possess a positive attitude and be enthusiastic.
• Must maintain passing grades (GPA requirements to be determined by the King Center)
• Ability to relate effectively with diverse groups.
• Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, co-workers, volunteers and supervisors.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and internet navigation.
Mon-Fri 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm(Hours May Vary)
Perform other duties as assigned.
City of Rock Island, IL - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard