Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred or equivalent and minimum of ten (10) years of related experience.
• .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0
• ADO.NET Entity Framework
• ASP.NET AJAX
• ASP.NET MVC
• LINQ to SQL / LINQ
• Visual Studio 2010
• SQL Server 2008
• Software and Enterprise Design Patterns
• Experience working with 3rd party control libraries.
• Microsoft Enterprise Library
• Unit Testing
• DevExpress control libraries
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members
• Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
*Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust level security clearance.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS, in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center has an immediate opportunity for an ASP.NET Developer with expertise in C# and ASP.NET Web Forms. The qualified candidate will be a key contributor in developing new functionality and maintaining a Staffing and Reporting System used by the FAA. The position requires hands-on, detailed design and coding skills using the Microsoft .NET framework. Basic understanding of UI design patterns with ASP.NET Code Behind. In the service layer, candidate should have knowledge of WCF and SOA, with knowledge of basic multi-threading concepts. In the data access layer, candidate should have an understanding of ORM technology and basic understanding of LINQ and SQL working with MS SQL Server.
• Work with senior members of the development team to design to enhance existing applications and develop new product functionality.
• Recommend and implement corrections in highly complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
• Provide the customer base with second level support.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
URS Corporation - 15 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...