Summary : Provides nursing care for residents according to established standards and practices relating to basic nursing, restorative, and personal care services; where quality assurance, resident safety, and infection control are inherent responsibilities of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
Sets priorities in implementing resident care, check resident scheduled physician appointments, needed diagnostic tests, etc.
- Adheres to the scope of practice for their nursing licensure per state regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Executive Director and Director of Health Care to foster resident/ family support and resident welfare.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine and emergency resident care matters.
- Completes incident reports as necessary and following company policy.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Promotes the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
- Remains flexible and responsive when changes occur in resident activity and workload.
- Performs appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the state and the company.
- Assists in evaluation of appropriateness of the plan of care for residents and revise on an ongoing basis with communication to all other disciplines.
- Completes and submits all required documentation within established guidelines.
- Provides guidance and support to care giving staff.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as per on-call needs.
- Implements physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment and communicating with the Director of Health Care.
- Conducts inventory of all medical/nursing supplies and communicate needs with the Director of Health Care
- Along with the Director of Health Care, coordinates efforts to enhance the service provided to the resident i.e. home health, hospice, physical therapy, psychiatric assessment, Durable Medical Equipment and other services.
- Communicates changes of conditions, residents status, and questions/challenges with the Director of Health Care
- Observes residents for significant changes, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, bleeding and communicable diseases and report findings to the Director of Health Care.
- Ensures that residents needs are met orfulfilled.
- Communicates all changes with residents to the Director of Health Care, Executive Director, and responsible party of the resident.
- Prepares, administers, and charts the administration of prescribed medications; documents effectiveness and adverse reactions twice weekly and as needed.
- Processes daily physician orders.
- Maintains and monitors MARs on a regular basis and ensures accuracy.
- Ensures residents medications supply is maintained on a daily basis, i.e. reordering refills and/ or new orders.
- Ensures and performs personal comfort activities such as giving bed bath or shower or assisting with bath or shower. Observes skin and pressure areas; assists with personal hygiene services such as oral hygiene, hair care, nail care, shaving, dentures, eye wear and makeup, etc. Reviews weekly skin assessment and follow up with physician and family as necessary.
- Documents monthly summary for each resident.
- Prepares for and participates in care conferences as needed
- Prepares and monitors residents for meals, and between-meal nourishments; assists in positioning; sets up table; personally assisting in feeding residents if necessary.
- Responds to nurse call and paging systems;
- Monitors residents to ensure the resident remains clean, dry and comfortable by changing clothes, gowns, linens, and dressing as necessary; provides clean water and refreshments, assists in keeping the room clean and neat by straightening and replenishing personal supplies.
- Ensures that bed rest residents are repositioned at predetermined intervals; assists with skin care and treatments as assigned; assists and position residents into and out wheelchair, bed, stretcher, and stationary chair using proper body mechanics and staff assistance according to written procedures and ambulates residents.
- Monitors resident safety on a continuing basis, seeks assistance in emergencies, assists family members in times of stress or crisis, perform established notification procedures during emergency situation.
- Takes and records at predetermined intervals vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, and blood pressure, measures intake. Collects sputum, urine, and stool, discharge drainage and other specimens as ordered.
- Performs periodic cleaning duties, maintains orderliness of the nurses station; collects and disposes of contents in trash containers.
- Works cooperatively with members of the care team, maintains effective interdepartmental and interpersonal relations residents, staff and visitors, avoid unnecessary noise.
- Performs other administrative duties such as answering phones and other related duties.
- Participates in new resident admissions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion of a Professional Nursing Program, approved by the state of which you are employed, and licensed to practice as a licensed nurse.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours to meet the needs of our residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, and interaction with residents families and families experiencing loss.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- This position requires occasional local travel.
- Organization Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Teamwork Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a family-owned and operated company, Constant Care Family Management understands the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We provide a healthy and flexible approach to working hours, alongside offering competitive pay, excellent opportunities for career development and advancement, and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay and performance incentives. Full and Part Time employees are eligible to participate in our company 401(k) plan which includes an employer match.
We work hard to maintain our superlative standards, therefore, all offers of employment with Constant Care Family Management are contingent upon an adequate background check as well as a drug screen, and TB testing (if required by the position). Constant Care Family Management also utilizes the E-Verify program to confirm work authorization with the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Constant Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for your interest in Constant Care.
Constant Care Family Management - 22 months ago