WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF DEVELOPMENT
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF LEADERSHIP ANNUAL GIVING
Western Kentucky University (WKU), Office of Development, seeks an experienced, Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving to further shape our organization. The position has a focus external to the institution working with individuals/organizations having potential as annual constituents. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Leadership Annual Giving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
• Identifies, cultivates, and solicits annual gifts in support of the University
• Coordinates all development initiatives within their respective areas
• Develops and manages an active portfolio of regionally and constituency based prospects from identification through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• The position is extremely external in focus with the development officer spending a significant amount of time out of the office
• Provides assistance to the Director with other initiatives or duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree
• Development experience with an emphasis on cultivating and soliciting gifts from individuals
• Prior fund-raising experience in a higher education setting and general knowledge of gift planning techniques
• Excellent organization, goal setting, and written and verbal communications skills are critical
• Travel, weekend, and evening work will be required as needed to successfully complete responsibilities
Salary commensurate with experience
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply: http://asaweb.wku.edu/wkujobs . For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3805. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before September 29, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the
application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
- 21 months ago - save job