The Ithaca College Annual Fund is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director to plan, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive phonathon program in support of Ithaca College fundraising initiatives. Manage the day-to-day operations of the paid student phonathon program. This position serves as a key liaison between the IC Annual Fund and the Advancement Communications, Advancement Services, Leadership Gifts, and Planned Giving programs.
1. Assess and determine annual donor and dollar phonathon goals.
2. Update and analyze donor and dollar statistical data on a weekly basis.
3. Manage the day-to-day operations of the IC Annual Fund student phonathon program including the supervision of all operational procedures of the program. Recruit, interview, hire, train, and manage 40-50 student employees to phone solicit alumni and parents for gifts to the college. Promote a goal oriented work environment by incorporating fundraising objectives while fostering the leadership and philanthropic development of each student.
4. Supervise, evaluate, and audit student employee progress. Conduct a formal evaluation process, review and analyze student phoner results on a weekly basis, and produce and present statistical reports and information.
5. Maintain an encouraging work environment through motivational games, activities, and incentives. Promote phonathon awareness through campus publications and local community correspondence.
6. Counsel and oversee a seven member phonathon student leadership team. Delegate objectives and responsibilities to each leadership team member to maximize phonathon productivity, to include monitoring nightly goals and tasks, assisting with the individual student performance evaluation process, and creating motivational tools.
7. Create customized calling scripts for student callers to use when calling alumni and parents.
8. Create alumni and parent segmentation strategy and determine segmentation calling calendar and ask amounts.
9. Monitor the annual phonathon budget.
10. Oversee and coordinate the phonathon program in conjunction with campus religious communities.
11. Manage the stewardship of donors through paid student thank you phoning and various recognition initiatives.
12. Work in consultation with the Director of the IC Annual Fund to identify, collect, and prepare data and information for the phonathon program in accordance with the IC Annual Fund work plan.
13. Work in conjunction with Advancement Services on data requests, reporting, gift processing, and maintenance and testing of Sungard HE SmartCall system.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in fundraising, telemarketing, or related area; excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communications skills; the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; the ability to represent the college effectively within and outside of the college community; and the proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while demonstrating strong analytical and technical aptitude and attention to detail required. Knowledge of Sungard HE Advance and SmartCall applications is helpful. Previous supervisory experience and experience working in a college or university setting is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at apply.icjobs.org, and attach a cover letter, resume, and a list containing the contact information for three professional references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 13 months ago