Provide excellent service consistent with the property's core service standards and brand attributes.
Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment and thank them when they lend assistance.
Proactively seek to provide refined luxury service ensuring guest satisfaction.
Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
Coordinate turn-down services, and other special requests made by VIP services and guests.
Manage the department functions on a shift basis.
Support and follow company policies, legal requirements, and guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with property and company guidelines, and maintain employee files.
Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
Provide input into and execute strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan as submitted to the Vice President of Hotel Services.
Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest's needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
Maintain the integrity of a guest room inspection program on a regular basis.
Operate smooth, efficient, cost effective operation; including labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control.
Mentor and develop staff in regards to leadership, consistency, training, writing skills, and overall departmental standards and policies.
Supervise employees to ensure they are alert to all their duties and adhere to Company policies and procedures regarding safety, health and welfare of the guest and the property.
Responsible for properly executing all requests made by VIP Services, Executives, etc.
Manage Human Resources responsibilities which include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
Participate in the Company’s diversity commitment.
Participate in quality hiring, staff training and processes that encompass the Company’s diversity commitment.
Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role.
Work closely with supervisory and managerial staff to develop overall skills and growth.
Analyze data and reports generated by the property and Company to ensure proper execution of services, distribution of departmental reports and accuracy.
Ensure proper execution of services, distribution of departmental reports and accuracy.
Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest’s satisfaction.
Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest inquiries
Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
Participate in the property’s sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials.
Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained, including telephone and computers.
Other related duties as necessary.
- At least 3 years of previous management experience.
- Experience managing a workforce of over 50 employees.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, supplies, and chemicals.
- Leadership style that is result oriented.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to analyze budgets, overtime reports, FTE reports and financial reports.
- Ability to understand process development.
- Ability to develop and present department action plans.
- Ability to create, manage and balance departmental budgets.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills to include: Excel, Internet, Outlook, Word.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Familiarity with Green Initiatives and/or LEED programs.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
MGM Resorts International - 16 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...