It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper to manage all operations for assigned department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manages assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division and the Property.
- Manages and monitors expenses, staff productivity, operations and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities including: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the Company's diversity commitment; adheres to the Company's status quo third party representation philosophy; complies with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assumes the responsibilities and duties of the Executive Director Housekeeping during his/her absence and days off.
- Attends job fairs, interviews potential candidates and recommends/selects qualified candidates according to company employment policies.
- Manages Housekeeping employees to ensure they adhere to and enforce company and departmental policies.
- Conducts daily briefings and coordinates necessary meetings with Guest Room Attendant's, House Persons and Specialists.
- Performs probationary evaluations and determines if employee is meeting the standard requirements for the position.
- Compiles yearly evaluations and coordinates individual goals for employees.
- Counsels and issues discipline to employees that violate department and / or the Property policies, practices or procedures through progressive counseling guidelines.
- Conducts inspections ensuring the cleanliness of all rooms, hallways, lockers, and lobbies.
- Completes room status reports in the morning and afternoon and forwards them to the Housekeeping office.
- Faxes Due-Out Report to the Customer Service Representative on a daily basis.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Reports needed repairs and prepare service call requests for maintenance.
- Instructs employees and new hires on the products used for cleaning in accordance with OSHA chemical Right-To-Know standards.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge in the implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures in regard to safety guidelines.
- Working knowledge of proper chemical usage, handling of BIO-HAZARD materials, injury prevention etc.
- Working knowledge of all cleaning procedures, equipment and supplies.
- Strong leadership qualities and sound judgment with effective decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma and equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 3 years of housekeeping management or housekeeping supervisory experience.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...