It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper to manage all operations for assigned department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage all operations for assigned department.
- Under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper, operates the divisions under his or her control in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in standard operating procedures and the use of sound management principals.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, public areas and associated facilities assigned to the housekeeping/maintenance department. Accomplishes assigned tasks through proper training, motivation and supervision of all personnel assigned to the areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates with immediate supervisor on hiring of subordinates.
- Executes plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned divisions. Maintains scheduling procedures, taking in to consideration occupancy percentages, time and use of facilities and related public, specialty areas and events.
- Executes the inspection program for all guest rooms to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Coordinates with departments in the hotel/casino to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operation of the hotel.
- With the assistance from immediate supervisors, develop budgets to ensure each area of responsibility operates within established cost while providing maximum service.
- Executes a training program within the assigned divisions which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Constantly seek newer methods, techniques, equipment and materials which will improve the overall operation of the divisions and which will provide a more efficient operation at a reduced cost.
- Instill in each employee the importance of a friendly, cheerful and courteous attitude to guests and employees.
- Administer time keeping controls over all assigned employees.
- Under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper serve as expeditor on special projects.
- Communicates freely and effectively with assigned personnel, continuously passing on information to assistants and subordinates to ensure they are included in the overall hotel’s operation. Reassure, if necessary, the objectives towards which the hotel employees are striving.
- Coordinates with immediate supervisor and Human Resources concerning the termination of employees and ensures documentation completions.
- Represents management at unemployment hearing and discussions.
- Perform the duties of an emergency response team member.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of staff including the administration/recommendation of hiring, scheduling, disciplining and firing.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year Assistant Housekeeping experience.
- Organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Computer experience with AS400, Excel and Word, ability to schedule employees in order to maximize efficiency and fairness.
- Ability to schedule employees in order to maximize efficiency and fairness.
- Physical ability to lift, frequently move freely about facility, frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling and twisting.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy and noisy environment with constant dirt, dust, smoke and fumes and work indoors with frequent cold or warm temperatures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 17 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...