Summary: Supervises all kitchen staff in designated outlet. Oversees operations of the kitchen, ensuring food quality, guest service and food cost goals are met.
- Supervises all kitchen staff including cooks and cooks helpers
- Ensures proper handling, portioning, preparation and presentation of food
- Ensures employee schedules and production is appropriate for the business volume
- Ensures kitchen cleanliness, organization and proper functioning and maintenance of restaurant equipment
- Produces all food items according to recipes and ensures appropriate control of food costs
- Coordinates with the front-of-the-house management team to ensure efficient operations
- Ensures health, safety and sanitation standards are followed at all times
- Performs the responsibilities of the kitchen manager as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Work Cards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of food preparation experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and sanitation guidelines
- Basic computer skills
- Previous supervisory experience in same or similar role preferred
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Vision, hearing, speech and literacy (critical)
- Ability to work in varying degrees of temperature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, noisy environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
American Casino & Entertainment Properties - 2 years ago