Downtown Project is looking for an entrepreneurial and creative Assistant General Manager to operate its Market in downtown Las Vegas. The Market will source fresh, local items where possible and will feature a significant grab-and-go component.|
Overall management responsibility for operation of retail grocery store during absence of the Store Manager, including store performance, control of cash, inventory and security, customer services, and management of staff.
Track, analyze and take action to improve store performance by forecasting of weekly/daily sales goals and meeting or exceeding established goals.
Communicate sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities with staff to ensure positive results.
Forecast, schedule, and monitor labor to be consistent with store sales and productivity guidelines and wage budgets; create action plan to address cost control issues.
Support Store Manager with development and direction in the execution of strategies to improve product placement and appearance.
Monitor display accuracy and appearance to implement promotions.
Ensure that products are properly displayed and ordered in a manner to maintain in-stock conditions.
Manage issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, safety and sanitation. Oversee and monitor handling of cash and accounting. Ensure store is secured.
Prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage time and resources so that work objectives are met.
Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures, including check cashing, security, safety, sanitation, wage and hour, etc.
Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide customers with superior customer service through use of best practices and communication of the importance of superior customer service.
-Minimum 1 year Grocery experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of Courtesy Clerk and Grocery Team Member.
- Extensive knowledge of Grocery procedures and policies.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Strong organizational skills; basic computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
We are a group of passionate people committed to helping to transform Downtown Las Vegas into the most community-focused large city in the...