The Riverside County Regional Medical Center has an immediate opening for an Assistant Medical Records Manager at our psychiatric facility in Riverside. Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credentials are required.
Under general supervision incumbents will assist in planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing the activities of the Medical Records Department of Riverside County Regional Medical Center's (RCRMC) psychiatric facility. Incumbents will act for the Medical Records Manger during absences and to perform other work as required.
Depending on assignment, the Assistant Medical Records Manager class reports to the Medical Record Manager or a mid-level manager. The incumbent provides administrative and technical supervision to subordinate staff and may assist management in the overall direction and coordination of operations. The Assistant Medical Records Manager is distinguished from the Medical Records Manager class in that the latter is responsible for the overall management of all aspects of the medical records program.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Assists in organizing, coordinating, and directing the activities of the Medical Records Department at RCRMC and the Department of Mental Health.
• Reviews and evaluates policies and procedures for the Medical Records Department in relation to the overall hospital goals; in coordination with the Medical Records Manager and subordinate supervisors.
• Formulates and revises policies and procedures to insure the most efficient methods of accomplishing the tasks throughout the Medical records Department, such as coding, answering correspondence, insurance claims, legal requests, and chart completion functions.
• Evaluates work performance and progress of subordinate employees; develops and implements comprehensive training programs for all personnel in Medical Records.
• Provides technical guidance to staff on the most difficult and complex work situations.
• Coordinates with other Hospital departments and supervisors, County departments and external factions to insure the accurate flow of information and to solve mutual problems; analyzes and prepares a variety of detailed statistical reports.
License of Certificate: Current registration as a Registered Records Administrator with the American Health Information Management Association.
License/Certificate: Current accreditation as a Registered Health Information Technician with the American Health Information Management Association.
Experience: Two years of experience performing health information management responsibilities equivalent to a Medical Records Technician in a medical records department of a hospital or health care agency.
OR OPTION III
License/Certificate: Evidence of enrollment in an accredited course as a Registered Health Information Technician approved by the American Health information Management Association. Incumbents are required to complete and receive registration twelve months from the date of hire. Failure to secure said registration will result in incumbents being terminated prior to the end of their probationary period.
Experience: Three years experience performing health information management responsibilities equivalent to a Medical Records Technician which must have included a minimum of one year of supervisory/lead position in a Medical Records Department of a hospital or health care agency.
Knowledge of: Current ICD-9 codes is a must. The International Classification of Diseases (current revision); Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) coding applications; the principles and techniques of supervision, staff utilization and training; principles and practices involved in medical records management; laws, rules, regulations and policies affecting medical records functions.
Ability to: Organize, coordinate, and supervise the work of subordinate staff; develop instructional material; analyze situations and recommend appropriate actions; establish and maintain effective working relationships; prepare clear and concise oral and written reports.
County of Riverside - 10 months ago