Under supervision, assist in epidemiological studies in the laboratory and field. Responsible for data collection, data entry and compiling data for presentation in the form of simple cross-tables, summary measures and charts. Assist in collecting data on farms and commercial facilities, observing dairy cattle. Assist in plating and preparing isolets. Prepare buffers and solutions as needed. Take photos of laboratory assay products such as gels. Compare products using software designed for that purpose. Monitor, stock and order supplies. Maintain a clean and sanitary laboratory facility.
- Squat, kneel, bend, stoop and stand.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. of equipment, supplies and samples.
- Work safely around adult dairy cattle on commercial operations.
- Move and maneuver a variety of animals weighing up to 2,000 pounds.
- This position is subject to Medical Surveillance procedures and review in accordance with Federal and State Laws and Regulations and University Policy.
- Work in sterile laboratory environment.
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Knowledge of microbiology and microbiological principles.
- Experience working safely with potentially biohazardous microorganisms.
-Experience using pipetting equipment, centrifuges, balances and scales, microscope, pH/ISE meter, incubators, fume hood, biohazard hoods, autoclave and other laboratory equipment.
- Experience working with dairy cattle.
- Skills in sample processing, data collection and data entry.
- Familiarity with IBM-compatible computers and associated spreadsheet and/or database software packages.
- Experience with safety and proper use, handling, monitoring, and disposal of biohazardous substances.
- Skills with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Word, email software, and other basic computer skills.
- Skills to enter and record data with knowledge of Good Clinical Practice Guidelines as established in the Code of Fed. Reg.
Quick Link To This Position:
University of California, Davis - 12 months ago
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...