- Working closely with employees in functional area of responsibility, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement (kaizen) and makes recommendations for implementation. Upon approval, ensures that kaizens are properly implemented.
- Assigns and monitors daily work assignments, making sure goals are met. Reports daily results to Team Leader and/or Manager.
- Ensures that quality is a priority. Provides feedback to employees in functional area regarding work processes, procedures, and work assignments.
- Uses problem solving techniques to proactively address issues or concerns internal to their functional area of responsibility, elevating to Team Leader where appropriate for resolution.
- Monitors employees’ morale and makes recommendations and/or takes appropriate action to ensure positive morale for functional area of responsibility.
- Provides on-the-job training for employees in functional area of responsibility, ensuring all employees are well trained for successful completion of their jobs. Provides cross training to employees to provide challenge and opportunity for employees and to ensure flexibility in meeting daily work assignments/commitments.
- Sets an example for safety and fosters a safe work environment within functional area of responsibility. Provides leadership and support for the 5S and STOP programs.
- Arranges for proper preventive maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities for functional areas of responsibility.
- Helps maintain accurate inventory balances through daily cycle count activities and accurate transaction processing.
- Helps manage inventory transitions required for new product development, engineering changes, and quality problems.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work for functional area of responsibility.
- Track defects, perform 5 Why analysis, and put effective counter measures in place that continually improves the area performance.
Successful completion of the Company’s Preparing for Leadership program is required within the first year in ATL position. Successful completion of Toyota Production System, 5S, Kaizen and STOP Safety training is required within first six months in ATL position. Must have 3-5 years welding experience in a production environment and/or equivalent education and experience.
Requires skills in problem solving, solid oral and written communication skills, teamwork and coaching are required. Solid personal computer skills including JDE are also required.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...