The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire an Associate to support the GIIN’s membership programs. The GIIN maintains a diverse, global membership program for organizations interested in learning more about impact investing. This membership is open to all types of organizations, with an emphasis on investors. A subset of these members belong to the Investors’ Council, which is an invitation-only leadership group of active, large-scale impact investors committed to the development of the impact investing industry. Programming for the Investors’ Council members is unique, managed as a separate membership program, and adds to the offerings these members receive from the activities structured for the broader membership. The GIIN seeks an Associate to support these two membership programs, particularly in areas of service delivery, program administration, and data management.
The ideal candidate for the role must have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills. This position will report to the Director of Member Services.
• Support development and execution of programmatic activities, for example managing logistics, planning events, and supporting the production of materials for in-person and virtual convenings
• Support program administration, for example processing membership applications, creating new member profiles, and responding to general inquiries
• Maintain and update records and databases of member information; prepare analyses of member data as needed
• Support ad hoc research needs (i.e. industry intelligence, topical research on investment sectors, background research on prospective or current members)
• Support development of membership marketing materials and internal informational materials
• Maintain online membership portal(s)
• Coordinate with membership managers and the GIIN’s communications team as needed to produce membership newsletters
• Interface with members as needed to support programming
• Additional responsibilities as needed
The Associate must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and highly responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism. The Associate must also be flexible, adaptive, and collaborative.
• Strong conviction that private investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges
• 2+ years of relevant work experience demonstrating program administration, organizational, and/or analytical abilities
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to take initiative to solve problems
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Comfort working with data and technology
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
• Experience using Salesforce for customer relationship management is highly desired though not required
• Comfort with using financial terminology is highly desired
• Experience in event planning is desired though not required
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Laurie Rud at email@example.com by December 14, 2012. State “Associate, Membership” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA). RPA is an equal opportunity employer.
New York City, NY, US
Omidyar Networks - 19 months ago