Facilitate the engagement of a diverse base of alumni in regions throughout the United States and work with all areas of Institutional Advancement to create strategy, develop, and execute engaging and enjoyable alumni regional events resulting in the positive strategic success of alumni relations and development programs. Manage existing regional alumni committees, and assume responsibility for program development and management, event planning, marketing facilitation, and evaluation and assessment. Develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline the regional event planning and management process. Responsible for volunteer management of all regional alumni committees, including recruitment and training of alumni for key volunteer positions, and cultivation of regional committees in new geographic areas. Provide assistance to the Office of Alumni Relations with all annual major events and support regional programs sponsored/co-sponsored by other College departments to build stronger alumni engagement programs and promote strategic campus partnerships.
1. Provide leadership in the development and support of regional alumni events to include planning, developing and implementing programs and activities. Key events may include, but are not limited to, alumni networking, and events featuring faculty and staff including the Deans, Faculty, Provost and President.
2. Work with Ithaca College administrators and key volunteers within the framework of the IA strategic plan in augmenting the College’s outreach efforts in assigned regions. Work with regional alumni volunteers and committees to support the regional effort.
3. Provide leadership and assist regional volunteers to plan, coordinate, and evaluate effectiveness of events, meetings and activities; create year-end reports that include assessment and analysis of programs and events.
4. Staff and direct regional alumni events, and coordinate additional event staffing schedule for events.
5. Serve as the point communicator regarding regional alumni activities to the Division of Institutional Advancement. Plan the ongoing strategy for the regional programs in conjunction with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement. Manage the implementation of that regional events plan. Work with Advancement Services staff to generate event participation statistics and reports, and utilize this data in evaluating events and strategizing subsequent regional alumni events.
6. Determine best event planning approaches and communication strategies, and work with regional volunteers and committees on event planning logistics, such as identifying and contacting venues, and coordinating the securing of hosts with prospect managers and other key stakeholders within IA.
7. Work with Executive Director of Alumni Relations to develop the annual regional events budget. Analyze the cost effectiveness of each event and utilize this data in strategizing subsequent events and budgets.
8. Direct administrative staff to ensure event follow-up is managed in a timely manner, including coding participants on the Advance database, sending thank you notes and emails, posting photos to the web, and producing reports and correspondence.
9. Coordinate the attendance lists for regional alumni events. Work with Advancement Services staff to identify constituent groups for invitation and oversee preparation of guest lists for events. Review lists and oversee invitation logistics, including invitation creation in partnership with advancement communication, printing, production, and mailing list preparation.
10. Oversee the management of regional alumni events communications including website, online registration pages, and electronic communications.
11. Assist with contract review and negotiate appropriate rates, travel, and pricing for services and arrangements for facilities support. Work with vendors to secure appropriate photographic, audio visual, venue and catering options. Confirm and coordinate participation of conductors, musicians, performers and other entertainers involved with each advancement event.
12. Assist the Associate Director of Donor Events with high level donor-focused events that take place regionally.
13. Responsible for Volunteer management of all regional alumni committees to include recruitment and training of alumni for key volunteer positions, the cultivation of regional committees in new geographic areas according to the multi year plan, working with volunteers to plan events in areas with smaller alumni populations where there is a strategic driver such as alumni engagement, or cultivation of a major prospect.
14. Support for regional programs sponsored/co-sponsored by other College departments, such as Admissions, Career Services, Institutional Advancement, Office of the President, and the schools, etc. to build stronger alumni engagement programs and promote strategic campus partnerships. Under advisement from the Director of Alumni Relations and Vice President of Institutional Advancement, collaborate with College faculty and administration to choose speakers to represent the College at alumni events.
15. Ensure detailed event materials are prepared and provided to staff attending events to include logistical information, banners, gifts, and publications for distribution. Work with the development associate in the VP’s office to ensure proper materials are provided for President and other key administrators for briefing.
16. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, merit recommendations, vacation schedules and performance evaluations.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years experience in development, alumni relations, or related field; ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills; ability to plan, develop and implement activities, programs and special events; previous experience working with and supervising volunteers; experience maintaining and reconciling office and events budgets; the ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel extensively is required; a working knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications are required. Experience working in a college or university setting is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 18 months ago