Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person's strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Supervise store employees. Assist with efficient management of inventory and effective presentation of merchandise. Ensure a safe working environment while providing for the protection of company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open the store a minimum of two days per week; close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; deposit money in bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Manage store in Store Manager's absence.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with scheduling employees; enter payroll information into computer.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in providing adequate training for employees.
- Review operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Order drop-shipments and other areas of store as designated by store manager.
- Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; unload trucks.
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Conduct safety meetings; help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee compliance
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...