Don't miss this opportunity to join the company recognized by Fortune magazine as the World's Most Admired Telecommunications Company and ranked #4 on DiversityInc's list of 2011 Top 50 Companies for Diversity. |
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
Our wireless division serves 95 percent of the Fortune 100 companies and counts more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 1200 federal, state, and local government agencies as customers.
AT&T Chief/Principal Architect is responsible for matching the AT&T Client's business roadmap with an AT&T technical vision by identifying opportunities, providing solutions and solving business challenges. Working with the Signature Client Group AT&T Chief/Principal Architect provides world class network architectural designs that articulate long term needs and vision of AT&T Large Fortune Customer's.
As a strategic partner, AT&T Chief/Principal Architect leverages subject matter/industry expertise, applies in depth knowledge of company goals and makes a significant impact to future of product technologies and business strategies.
As a technical expert and authority within the industry, AT&T Chief/Principal Architect applies leadership and advice on multiple technologies; develops industry solutions that help shape clients technical vision and strategies, and provides strategic solutions designed to meet business challenges.
Roles and responsibilities of AT&T Chief /Principal Architect include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Signature Client Director to deliver the customer's technology continuum (The Technical TAM), matching client's IT vision with AT&T's vision and capabilities, identifying opportunities that solve business challenges.
- Shape Client Technical Vision and Strategy
- Partner with Signature Client Director to develop relationships with C-Level client (CIO's, CxO) and lines of business owners (HR, Marketing, Finance)
- Own the " Art of What is Possible" strategy : Deliver executive presentations on IT strategies for multiple service technologies
- Owns strategy sessions with client that identifies, shapes and develops sales opportunities
- Provide strategic & technical direction to solve customer's business problems
- Develop and maintain direct relationship with AT&T's key partners/vendors in various technology areas to facilitate the development of full, robust customized solutions.
- Write white papers, technical strategy documents and develops repeatable industry solutions.
- Work in direct linkage to Product and Marketing to shape AT&T's market sensing
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Clients as well as AT&T Sales, Service Delivery and Technical organizations
- Key contributor to the Technical Knowledge Share Community Portal
- Key contributor to the creation of Technical Advocacy Board
- Key contributor on products, services and/or infrastructure strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization
- Mentor Architect /Technical Sales Consultant (TSC)
- Develop TCO/ROI modeling for AT&T's custom/complex solutions.
- Develop technical selling strategies for advanced technologies
- Champions the execution of decisions based on the company's mission and values
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 12 or more years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years of industry experience working in design, implementation and management of global enterprise network systems for a service integrator, global management consulting, technology services, or outsourcing company.
- 7 or more years of technical background in telecommunications, IT and/or the service provider industry
- Strong attention to detail required ensuring effective planning, implementation and execution.
- Experience in leadership role developing IT corporate strategies
- Well versed in enterprise architecture/IT Strategies
- Broad understanding of IT planning, architecting, engineering, and operations across multiple disciplines
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively work in all areas of the business to successfully perform the required duties.
- Process a strong business acumen and aptitude to understand the key business drivers and financial knowledge to development return on investment models.
- Experience writing written write papers, technical strategy documents and developed repeatable industry solutions
- Pass interview/assessment qualifications
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to travel as needed
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Masters degree or four-year degree within either business or industry related field of study: Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, MIS, Telecommunications, IT disciplines or Business Administration
- Executive Level Leadership experience
- Data experience including Cisco AVVID, VTEL and/or PictureTel
- Data Certifications: Cisco CCNP /DP PLUS Cisco CCIE Certification (Written & Lab) OR equivalent training/experience.
- E-Serv: MCSE+I, Oracle Database Hosting E-Serv
- Cisco Certifications CCDA, CCNA, CCDP
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T - 16 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...